Rob Bayley - Profile
Rob has over twenty years of rail planning and transport operational experience with five years of consultancy project and programme management at a senior level. Rob’s extensive experience encompasses a wide range of disciplines including development planning, strategy development, business case development, economic appraisals and transit feasibility studies. He has worked extensively across the east of England as Business Manager for Atkins’ Transport Planning business gaining significant contacts and understanding of the region’s economy and transport infrastructure.
Rob also has significant experience in the rail sector having led a number of high profile rail and interchange consultancy studies and has been Project Manager for two DfT franchise Technical Advisor commissions (Intercity East Coast in 2010 and Intercity West Coast in 2011). Rob’s consultancy experience includes strategic rail and public transport planning with respect to franchising, regional plans, development and regeneration proposals; demand forecasting and business case development of new station proposals; transport business case, consents and public inquiry expert witness evidence; and transport planning advice for public and private sector clients.
Services and Experience
- Rail & Interchange planning Consultancy
- Transport Planning Consultancy
- Business Development and Planning Support
- Interim Management
- Demand forecasting and business case consents for new station and interchange proposals
- Rail scheme business case and consents including expert witness experience
- Franchise technical advisor project management
- Rail and airport operational management experience
- Project and Programme Management of multi-modal and multi-disciplinary transport planning studies.
- DfT – sub-contracted to provide Bid Evaluation
services for TSGN
- Transport Scotland – sub-contracted to support
ScotRail franchise procurement including
development of Model Answers and bid evaluation
- Atkins – support bid development